Machine Operator, Helper, Assistant ($18.32 - $24.98)
International Paper is the largest paper and forest products company in the world. Primary businesses include paper packaging and forest products for a variety of end uses. International Paper is a fortune 500 company with operations around the globe. Our Vision is to embody a diverse and inclusive culture where all individuals are valued, engaged and contributing to company success, ensuring that every work environment exemplifies respect and dignity for each individual.
The driving force behind this evolution is the realization that genuinely valuing inclusion and diverse ideas results in a better work environment where diversity is valued and encouraged, prompting a heightened level of collaboration and innovation that results in a better business performance across the enterprise.
Our mission is to build and sustain a work environment that embraces individuality and collaboration to drive exceptional results, valuing different viewpoints and backgrounds driving towards a common goal.
The ideal candidate enjoys collaboration and wants to feel part of a team in a learning environment. We are looking for those candidates who are confident in sharing their ideas on how to do things safer. Having interpersonal skills goes a long way within the International Paper culture. You will be part of a supportive team to help you understand and meet the challenges of the job.
Safety of our employees is our top priority. International Paper takes all precautions to provide all employees with tools needed to maintain a clean and safe work environment free from safety hazards. We are committed to our employees and are COVID-19 sensitive to ensure all employees are comfortable working in our facilities.
All employees must follow all safety rules and procedures and watch out for self and team member’s safety at all times. Always use personal protective equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, steel toed shoes & safety vest, others as required). Must understand and carry out housekeeping standards. Training on manufacturing equipment, safety and housekeeping standards will be provided. Our employees work in a friendly productive team environment Successful candidates must demonstrate teamwork and resolve issues effectively and professionally.
Our Customers are critical to our success. Successful candidates must demonstrate teamwork and resolve issues effectively and professionally.
Our St. Louis Container, Fenton MO Facility is looking for motivated individuals who are capable of performing a multitude of functions in a flexible, fast-paced production environment. Our workplace requires individuals who understand the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on safety, customer satisfaction, quality and productivity.
While the entry level utility position starts at $18.32 per hour, it increases to $21.02 after the probationary period of 90 work days. Employees can progress to operator positions paying $24.98 per hour for operating the EVOL Flexo, United Die Cutter or Corrugator.
Successful candidates must be available to work 2nd or 3rd shift. Must be willing and able to work daily and weekly overtime, including weekends as business conditions require. At times, employees are required to work overtime without notice.
Primary Utility duties/responsibilities include:
- Following all safety rules and practices;
- Reading factory work orders, print cards, and other documentation to learn customer requirements;
- Monitor and move stock through the production area;
- Identifying stock and products that correspond to work orders;
- Performing assigned duties to insure that production needs are met;
- Assisting other employees as needed;
- Accurately using tape measures and other measurement and test equipment;
- Inspecting, counting, stacking, and unitizing products according to customer specifications;
- Identifying and segregating nonconforming (reject) products and materials;
- Maintaining work areas to plant standards of housekeeping;
- Maintaining teamwork with machine crews and other employees; and
- Performing all other duties as needed assigned by the supervisor.
Physical abilities require moving up to 50 lbs., pushing stacks of corrugated sheets and standing for 8 hours.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Desire and motivation to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to accurately use and read measuring device.
- Applicants must be able to stand, walk and be able to reach at or below shoulder level, frequent twisting, bending and lifting from the ground; repetitive lifting.
International Paper offers an excellent wage and benefit package including health, life, dental insurance, vacation, holiday pay and a 401k savings plan.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.